Apple launches iPhone SE, 9.7-inch screen iPad Pro and more at its March Event 2016: 9 Highlights
Finally, it’s here! The most awaited Apple’s Event ‘Let Us Loop You In’ which had been scheduled to take place on March 21, 2016, at the Apple’s own Cupertino HQ, in its Town Hall Theatre, California held today.
The rumours about Apple’s latest unveilings were all over the Internet. You may have come across a stock of rumours and leakage news in various websites about what’s going to happen in the Apple’s March Event 2016.
Everyone was thrilled until it was on the verge to get underway. The event kicked off exactly at 10 a.m. PDT (10:30 p.m. IST) with a video of Apple’s colourful history ‘40 Years in 40 Seconds’, which ended up reminding Apple’s 40th birthday on April 1. Then Tim Cook, the CEO of Apple Inc. took the stage.
- While starting things off Tim Cook brought privacy issue and encryption at the forefront. Referring to the ongoing FBI and encryption controversy, Cook said: “We need to decide as a nation how much power the government has over our data. We will not shrink from this responsibility.” He also announced a new milestone in Apple history – that it has surpassed 1 billion Apple devices in active use.
- Subsequently, Lisa Jackson, the Vice President of Environmental, Policy, and Social Initiatives was invited up by Tim Cook to speak about Apple’s environmental efforts. She said: “93% of facilities worldwide currently renewable energy”, which is really impressive. Apple has instigated a new R&D project called as Apple Renew with the debut of “Liam”, an iPhone components recycling robot. It rips apart the old and used iPhones to recycle and recovery of materials.
- Jeff Williams, Apple’s chief operating officer under Tim Cook bring up the talk about ResearchKit and the new health app Carekit. He said: “ResearchKit is opening up all kinds of possibilities.” Carekit is a new software framework which has been designed for the developers to build apps for people to keep up with their own health and take initiative whenever needed. They can monitor symptoms and medications and keep track of care plans as well.
- Well, the rumours about Apple product launches were not at all false. As it is expected, Apple showed off its newest products at the event including iPhone SE, the 9.7” iPad Pro, new Apple Watch Straps, and many other product updates.
- New Colorful Apple Watch Bands: Tim Cook first introduced a Space Black Milanese loop, new sport band colors and a woven nylon NATO style band at the Apple event. Later, he stated that Apple smartwatches are best-selling across the world. Hang on! They have reduced the price of Apple Watches which will be available now starting from $299.
- Apple TV: Tim Cook said that there are almost around 5000 Apple TV apps are available now at the App Store such as Dictation, Siri for App Store, iCloud Photo Library, Live Photos, Folders, etc. He also promotes an NCAA Live app, which allows you to watch two games at a time.
- Moving forward to the next and the most important announcement for which people were eagerly waiting, the launch of a new member to the iPhone family, Apple’s iPhone SE, the special edition is now official and will be available at $399 and $499. It is a 4-inch design comes with a new rose gold colour along with silver, space grey and gold colour.
- iPhone SE: It will get launched on March 31, 2016, and would be available in around 100 countries, first in Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Singapore, United Kingdom, and the United States. Adding to Apple’s most tiny phone’s features, it renders 12 MP iSight camera, Focus pixels, True Tone Flash, New image signal processor, 64-bit A9 chip, M9 motion coprocessor, improved battery life, Wi-Fi calling, Bluetooth 4.2, iOS 9.3 (Night Shift and protected Notes), Retina Flash, Slo-mo up to 240fps, new microphones and Panorama up to 63 MP. It is live photo compatible and gets LTE up to 150 Mbps, 50% faster than iPhone 5s, more LTE bands, Voice over LTE. The most vital feature about iPhone SE is that it gets TouchID, Secure Enclave and NFC for Apple Pay. Image Source from here.
- 9.7-inch Screen iPad Pro: Philip W. Schiller, the senior vice-president of worldwide marketing at Apple Inc. unveils an Apple product on stage, made the new 9.7-inch screen iPad Pro official. “It truly is the future of personal computing.” – said Cook. Although it is nearly similar in size and weight to Apple’s previous iPad Air 2, iPad Pro comes with advanced display technologies such as Night Shift mode, Retina display with True Tone technology, Focus pixels, and lower reflectivity all for $599 (32GB), $749 (128GB), $899 (256GB), and will be available at stores from March 31, 20916, across countries including Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, Puerto Rico, New Zealand, China (Wi-Fi only), United Kingdom, Virgin Islands and the United States. Apart from this, Apple has also released the new lightning S card reader and USB camera adapter.
If you have something to add to this story, share it in the below comment section.